Monday, February 4, 2013

No More Perfect Moms Review



The review of this Mom book I shared on amazon and goodreads.... 

Have you fallen prey to the perfection infection? Do you need the antidote to this ugly disease?  I encourage you to seek the cure for the mom comparison game.  It not only shares real stories of imperfect moments, but helped me see “our imperfect lives are counter balanced with a perfect God.”  It leads me to be honest about my emotions.  To seek the One true source of perfection who challenges me to see myself through His eyes, and recognize that the Bible is my guide.  “You were taught to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires… and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” Ephesians 4:22-24. 

It helps me remember: God’s love and grace is the source of strength for becoming who He designed me to be. It challenged me to embrace humility, confidence and grace rather than pride, insecurity and judgment and to recognize that when I seek to be the ‘perfect mom’: I am comparing my insides to other people’s outsides or to media that is airbrushed to perfection.  It encourages me to share authentically with others that life is imperfect. But it’s okay to embrace the imperfect as the character building life God has given me and pushes me to LOVE it! 

As a believer, I love that Jill’s wisdom was authentic and biblically based. She gave practical advice and you feel like she’s having a cup of tea, chatting with you as you read her thoughts and you wonder, how does she know me so well?  A great book for women to rethink life and love every moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment