Thursday, October 16, 2014

Tell Me All About Prayer

The good....beautiful illustrations, warm, friendly, colorful, and appealing.  Includes stickers and a cd.  Scripture References every few pages.  Book Formula- What is prayer, and then answers, and an end of book review, fill in the blank that my 6 year old was able to do after one reading.

The okay... the cd music is catchy, but some may consider it cheesy.  The conductor theme is clear on the CD, but my 6 year old boy didn't catch it in the book, and thought it was a policeman, and my 4 year old girl just looked at me.

The wonders... "Magic Genie" neither of my kids grasp this abstract concept that God isn't one.  The interpretation of prayer and the concepts brought out are too advanced for kids, yet not deep enough to be accurate and maybe oversimplified and therefore inaccurate.  (example my son had the stomach flu and vomiting the week we read this, and he prayed asking God to stop him from throwing up, and based on the book wasn't sure why he still threw up 3 more times, he asked God."

I would be very curious about other books in this series. I like the premise, but this is not my favorite tool to teach children about prayer.  I was given this book as a part of the Tyndale Review Network. All opinions are mine, and mine alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment